Part B – MYHachackathon 2022 & MYStartup Hackathon 2022 Program
- Any individuals and/or company that wishes to join the hackathon program agrees to comply with all applicable laws, program Terms and Conditions, and any other guidelines or instructions provided to you by Cradle in connection with the respective programme.
- You represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind your team and/or your Company and its participants to the program Terms and Conditions, and
- You agrees that all decisions of Cradle are final and binding on you and/or your Company, and its participants.
Registration & Submission Process
- All applicants must complete and submit the complete registrations and submission process on the MYHackathon 2022 online portal only.
- You must ensure that all information and documents which are to submitted to Cradle are accurate, current, true and complete. Cradle reserves its right to reject your documents without prior notice to you and/or your company.
- All applications that do not comply with these terms and conditions are invalid and will not be accepted.
Selection of Successful Participants
- An evaluation panel composed of representatives from Cradle and its appointed parties (“the Evaluation Panel”) will assess all applications against the evaluation criteria determined by Cradle in its sole discretion.
- The Evaluation Panel’s decision will be final, no correspondence or contestant will be entertained. Cradle shall have the right not to disclose any details regarding the Evaluation Panel’s assessment of applications except where required to do so by law.
- Cradle may at any time request valid proof of eligibility, including but not limited to identity, corporate organisation, age and other relevant documentation as required.
- Cradle may disqualify an applicant and/or company at any time without notice for any reason, including, without limitation, if Cradle determines (in its sole discretion):
- that the proof provided is not sufficient; or
- the applicant and/or company does not otherwise meet the Programme’s eligibility criteria; or
- the applicant and/or company fails to comply with these Terms; or
- attempts in any way to disrupt or undermine the Programme; or
- to circumvent any of these Terms.
Cancellation of the program
- If for any reason Cradle cannot run the Programme as planned due to but not limited to any Force Majeure events (including without limitation as a result of pandemic, war, floodings, earthquake, technical systems failure and/or any other cause that corrupts, impairs or affects the implementation, administration, security, fairness, integrity, or improper conduct of this Programme), Cradle may cancel, modify, extend or suspend the programme in its sole discretion without prior notice to you. You are solely responsible to check the updates from Cradle from time to time at.
Termination and Disqualification of Any Applicants in the Program
- Cradle shall have the right to terminate you and/or your company’s application for cause and specifying the termination effective date should you breach any of the Terms herein and/or becomes bankrupt or insolvent or a winding up procedure has been initiated against your company or a receiver has been appointed by the Court.
- Cradle may at any time, terminate you and/or your company’s application without cause by specifying the effective date of your termination from participating in the programme.
- Cradle reserves the right to disqualify any application that is deemed to contain information that is incorrect or misleading or fraudulent; or defamatory, abusive, insulting, threatening, obscene, inflammatory, offensive or otherwise contain content which, in Cradle’s opinion, is inappropriate or objectionable.
- Cradle shall not be liable to you and/or your company for any losses, claims, damages and costs incurred in the event of termination of your and/or your company’s application.
- Cradle reserves all its rights under these Terms and as provided by the law.
Limitation of Liability
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Cradle (including its officers, employees and agents) will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any death, illness, personal injury or property damage suffered or sustained (even caused by negligence), as a result of, or in any way connected with, this application process.
- To the extent permitted by law, you and/or your company agree to release, fully indemnify and keep fully indemnified, Cradle (including its officers, employees and agents) from and against all liability, cost, loss, damage, expense, claim or other right of action arising out of, or in connection with, the application process.
- Cradle accepts no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected applications, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. Cradle have no control over telephone communications, networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise.
- You and/or your Company (if applicable) are responsible for all expenses in connection with your application and/or your participations in the Programme.
- You and/or your Company will be responsible for all expenses relating to programme attendance(s) with Cradle (in the event that you are selected as a participant). The location of such programme(s) will be determined by Cradle in its sole discretion. You may elect to participate in such programme(s) in person physically or via video conferencing service online.
Relationship with Cradle
- You and/or your company acknowledge that nothing in these Terms will constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between you and/or your company with Cradle. In no way are you and/or your company to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of Cradle, in any respect, and vice versa.
- You and/or your company agree that you and/or your company will not issue any press release or make any public statement or disclosure about the Programme without Cradle’s prior written consent, and that failure to comply with this may result in disqualification.
- You and/or your company acknowledge and understand that by attending any Program-related event in person as a participant, you and/or your company agree that Cradle and its affiliates may photograph, videotape and otherwise record footage of you and/or your company in relation to your participation in the Programme (collectively, “Footage”). By submitting an application or any materials, you and/or your company hereby warrant and represent that you and/or your company have secured the same consent from each participant from your Company. Footage, including all copyright and other rights therein and thereto, will be owned by Cradle, and Cradle will have the right but not the obligation to use, edit, copy, publish and exploit such Footage and all elements embodied therein, in whole or in part, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world, in perpetuity, for advertising, publicity, promotional, trade and other purposes without further notification, permission, or consideration. You and/or your company agree to complete any further release or waiver required by Cradle in relation to such Footage or you and/or your company participation in the Programme.
- Except where otherwise prohibited by law, you and/or your company consent to Cradle’s use of your Company’s name as well as your name, voice, likeness, biographical information and other indication of identity in any and all media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world, in perpetuity, for advertising, publicity, promotional, trade, and other purposes without further notification, permission, or consideration. You also grant to Cradle a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use your or your Company’s trademarks, service marks, logos, trade dress, trade names and service names to publicise your participation in the Programme.
- By submitting an application, you and/or your company are representing and warranting that you have secured the same consent from each participant from your Company equivalent to the consents in the preceding paragraph and you agree that you will secure the same written consent from any person who accompanies you or accompanies a participant from your Company to any Programme-related event or other Cradle events. You agree that you will provide Cradle with copies of the written consents required by this Section “Publicity” upon request by Cradle.
- Any information which is proprietary to Cradle which is acquired by you shall not be disclose to any other person without the prior written consent of Cradle. The obligations stated herein shall continue notwithstanding the termination or expiration of the programme.
- If any clause in these Terms and Conditions shall become or shall be declared by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall in no way affect any other clause or part of any clause, all of which shall remain in full force and effect, so long as these Terms and Conditions shall be capable of continuing in effect without the unenforceable term.
- You and/or your company shall not assign, transfer, novate, charge, sub-Contract, create any trust over or deal in any other manner with these Terms and Conditions or all or any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- No failure or delay by Cradle in exercising any right under these Terms and Conditions shall operate as a waiver of such right or extend to or affect any other or subsequent event or impair any rights or remedies in respect of it or in any way modify or diminish Cradle’s rights under these Terms and Conditions.
Cradle reserves the right to amend any of these terms and conditions at any time without notice. All amendments to these Terms and Conditions will be posted online on the portal. However, continued use of the online portal will be deemed to constitute you and/or your company’s acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.